Monday 20 December 2010

Main Task (Music Magazine Masthead)

I’ve started off with a few names in mind, but by doing my research I broaden my ideas and a approach, I wanted my magazine name to stand out from the crowd something different. Here are a few of my ideas:

Tric, The mix, Dub, M (Music), Platform, Harmony, M & M (Music & Melody), Baseline, Acoustic, Free, Underground Sound, Headline, NRG, Envy, The collection

But with some tough decisions I narrowed it down to ‘Blueprint’ & ‘Headlines’. I used the website www.dafont.com/, to help me choice and look at different fonts for my final masthead. Here are a few examples of this:





In the end I decide to go with the bottom logo as I thought it gave a real retro feel to the magazine and it was more bold and striking the others, it gives me the feel of university so could appeal to a younger but a older audience at the same time, wanting to re live there UNI days as it were. I also chose the blueprint as I thought it is at the heart of ever song a blueprint, so I thought it fit well with the music magazine. I thought ‘headlines’ was a little to board so it could have meant anything I did not feel it met my criteria as well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment